LATELY...

Obviously this month's lately will be Christmas themed. It has to be, its December. Plus I've been dwelling on Christmas related things for a while now. In fact probably since August when we had to do all our Christmas shopping for relatives at home. With Pinterest around I've been slowly adding to my growing number of seasonal pins! 


I love the giant snowflakes they have on the wall here. They look so delicate and I imagine they take rather a long while to create (if they aren't shop bought). Its a simple decoration through and they are set off by that giant garland hanging on the bannisters. I rather wish we had stairs here so that I could decorate them, guess I'll save that for the next house we have that has stairs. 


Another simple Christmas decorative feature are these flowers. I love the ribbon round the simple glass vase and the little berries add a wonderful accent to the crisp white flowers. Shame that flowers don't last too well here otherwise I could try it myself. 


Now this image captured my attention a while back. It is actually a gift card for a store over here in California but I just loved the fact that it was a beagle. He looks so cute and it made me want to put knitted antlers on Macintosh! Oh and a coat!


These gingerbread cookies look gorgeous and probably taste amazing too. Haven't made gingerbread in a while but I might have to bake a batch soon. I have a feeling my icing skills aren't quite up to par with the photo but I'll give it a go. 


And finally, this image grabbed my attention because it reminded me of what we are going to be doing after Christmas. Along with some friends we are heading up to Lake Tahoe, to a wonderful wooden cabin to stay in a snowy winterland. I'm already planning lots of tea drinking and reading in cosy corners whilst observing the snow. We may go out in it occasionally, you never know!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment