LATELY...

I was intending to write an autumnal themed lately post as lots of people are beginning to fall prey to the autumn vibes. However southern California hasn't got the autumn idea yet. The weather has continued to be ridiculously hot. Now I'm not complaining about that. I like wearing shorts in September. I don't maybe like days that are 100+ degrees, but I'll roll with the hot weather a little longer. But it doesn't give me much inspiration for writing about autumn. 

Then this morning I had a brain wave! I'll write about England! You see in less than two weeks we'll be touching down on British soil for a well needed break seeing the family. It has been almost a year since we were home and that is far too long. So in honour of the fact we're going home here are some of the things I think/dream about when we consider going back to England! 


The first thing I think about when I consider going home is my home town, Dunstable. Now for you Americans that's right it does say that Dunstable has been around since 1109. We've got history! But to those of you that know me well enough you know I'm not a huge fan of our town. Its not the best. Andrew would disagree, he loves it. I however, love it merely because its where the family is (most of them). 



A lot of my dreaming is surrounding this as on Friday the Rugby World Cup kicks off in England. Obviously I'd love us to do well enough to win it but to be honest I'm just fairly excited that I get to watch it all and enjoy! 



Then there's this stuff....Yorkshire Tea! Whilst I do have a large supply over here there's something different about it when you are drinking it in England. Perhaps its the cold weather!


This little man! He's grown HUGE since we last saw him at a month old so I literally can't wait to get home and just play with him, all day every day! He'll be so sick of me by the time I leave! 


Whilst it will probably be freezing in England for us when we get back I have been dreaming about the autumn leaves and the coldness. I'm not excited at the prospect of being cold, I hate being cold. I'm always cold (except in California!) However I am highly thrilled about wearing scarves! They are my weakness and I will wear one ALL the time when I'm home. I will fill my suitcase with different ones and then probably buy some more when I'm there! 


And finally....the Sunday Roast. My mum text me the other day to check whether we wanted a roast on the Sunday we land. Andrew looked at me as if to say, why is she even asking! Out here we rarely cook a roast because it seems too hot to bother. And lets be honest, my mum's roast dinner....the best EVER!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment