LATELY...

This lately post has no theme whatsoever. It's simply a collection of the things I have been pinning on Pinterest. It will probably show my sporadic and varied interests! Feel free to ignore my ramblings, or to laugh at my weirdness. I won't be offended by either!


I am still obsessing over the great outdoors and the idea of grand adventures. We still haven't managed to camp over here yet but I'm completely in awe of images that show insanely beautiful campsites. This one is incredible but I have to confess that I'm not sure I could sleep here for long. Prolonged rushing water noises....not good. 


Andrew and I recently acquired an ice cream maker for our Kitchen Aid. It is simply amazing. We have only made one lot of ice cream so far, it was cookies and cream. We went simple in case the ice cream went wrong. I didn't want to waste precious chocolate in case it was a mistake! But I am now constantly pinning ice cream recipes and dreaming of all the flavours I could make. I will come back from the USA a few stone heavier at this rate!


My flower obsession is still going strong. I pin far too many flowers on Pinterest but they are so beautiful. I don't buy cut flowers too much over here. They are extremely expensive compared to the UK (I think) and they don't last too well unless you have your air conditioning on all the time. So instead I buy fake ones when I really need a display of them and the rest of the time I just spend crazy amounts of time staring at them on Pinterest. I love the way these flowers are all curled inside themselves. I have no idea what they are called. Anyone know?


I've had my eye on this rug for a little while. It's from West Elm which is an amazing home shop. I could spend a small fortune in there, if we had one to spend! I love the subdued colours and the pattern. Its understated and yet draws the eye. Its also the perfect colours for our lounge, but with carpet already on the living room floor Andrew doesn't think we need a rug. Probably wasn't a fan of the price either!


Finally a polar bear for the win! Just. So. Stinking. Cute!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment