MACINTOSH MONDAY

Macintosh already has a girlfriend in Penny and now he has a best friend. His name is Zeus and he's an eighteen month old German Shepherd that lives just down the road. The two of them always got on well whenever we bumped into each other as they would play for ages. So the other week Zeus' owner asked what time we typically walked Mac so we could start a regular play time. Now everyday at 7pm we head out to our patch of grass and the two dogs go mad for an hour or so. It completely wipes them out and we have a peaceful evening as they both crash out.

We've been having this playdate for the past couple of weeks so Macintosh has got himself into a little routine and at around 7pm every day he starts to get twitchy and excited. He'll pace around or scratch at the door as if to say 'come on its Zeus time!' Once he's on the lead to go out he'll start to pull like mad as he's just so excited to see him. In fact the other day I let him off the lead early and watched him effectively run on the spot as he was trying to go so fast towards Zeus. It was like a doggy wheelspin!


So there they are, hard at play. I have no idea what Macintosh is doing in the above photo, but they are so funny together! 


Zeus loves to play fetch so his owner will throw a tennis ball and he'll bound after it with Macintosh in tow, who is just running so he can chase Zeus. Mac will never try to get the tennis ball as Zeus is very protective of it but he loves to just chase him up and down the grass. 


I really wanted to get a video of them running but in the above picture I hadn't changed my phone camera over and shortly after I snapped this photo Zeus ran right into me and knocked me over! Obviously he then began to lick me to check I was ok whilst Mac darted around slightly worried. I was in hysterics, as was Zeus' owner. So I'll have to try again, with my camera set right, to see if I can snap a video of them playing. They really are too funny! I'm sure you'll see much more of Zeus as he is literally Mac's best friend, just look at his happy face! 
H

No comments:

Post a Comment