MACINTOSH MONDAY

On Memorial Day Andrew and I took Macintosh down to Huntington Dog Beach. We had been meaning to take him there all of last year, but we never made it down there for some reason, so we figured it was high time we did. Let me say straight off the beach was amazing. There were so many dogs roaming around on it that Macintosh had such a good time. 

Initially we were pretty apprehensive about taking him off the lead as he can be pretty unreliable, but the beach area was pretty enclosed and there were so many dogs that we figured he should stay fairly close by. Well we were amazed at how well he behaved! He came back to us every time we called him! Sometimes it took a little while for him to get to us but he did eventually come. He never really strayed too far from us and kept checking to see where we were. It was utterly amazing.





He also found an Irish Wolfhound to play with which made us laugh (see above for a picture). He looked so tiny compared to her, but he managed to give her a good run about. I think other owner was pleased as it suggested that she'd get some peace and quiet if her dog was tired. I know it definitely tired Macintosh out because a couple of hours later he was like this...


It was so lovely to see him having fun and it was nice walking around afterwards with a nice sedate dog! Before I end the post I have to tell you the funniest thing though. Whilst Andrew was fetching lunch from the car I was busy people/dog watching with Macintosh. During that time a dad, young boy and their dog walked past. As they did the dog stopped to do a wee, as they began to walk away I heard the little boy say, "I wish I was a dog because then I could pee wherever I want!" And on that lovely note I'll leave you!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment