SPRING DECOR

In order to spruce up our decor for spring time I decided to add little pops of colour. I didn't want to overdo it or drastically change the whole look of the lounge area but I did want it to look a bit fresher. 


A twig wreath with coral flowers greets you as you come in the door. I really love the coral colour, although it looks a little more peach in this photo. It's rather hard to photograph because its in a very small dark porch like spot. But hey, you get the idea.



This area didn't get too much of a spring touch. I attempted to write a Bible verse on our chalkboard in different fonts. Its not the best and I need some serious practise but I was copying from Pinterest. Its not the worst and it'll do for now, until I have time to get my perfectionist hands working on it again!

The best bit about the bookcase area is our new antique find. I love our new airmail scales. They were tucked away in the antique shop and I fell in love with them at once. I convinced Andrew to get them pretty quickly which is good because there was an older couple eyeing them up too and I didn't want to end up losing them. Snap decision and we owned them! 


This is the main lounge area and here is where the colour pops happen. I made the pinwheels from some amazing patterned card I found on sale in a craft store over here. They were pretty easy once you got the hang of it. I could have made quite a few but then I would have struggled to find homes for them and as Andrew pointed out when he came home, maybe less is more! (I probably would have had them on every available surface!)





Those close up shots show our two favourite parts of the decor (other than the amazing scales). Andrew loves the mustard and greeny coloured pinwheels and I love the spring print. It was yet another Pinterest find that I just printed out. But I love how when its sat next to the whale bookends the grin from Mr Moby makes it look like he's happy its spring. I'm happy its spring too. Its not been a particularly cold winter in California but I am glad that the  sun is out and there was a little bit of greenery around where we live. It didn't last long as the heat began to build but I liked it. 

So there we go, there's our spring decor. Hope you like it. Macintosh does, just ignore him pouting in the of the bookcase. I wouldn't let him have a treat, that always makes him grumpy!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment