THE EPIC TRAIN TRIP: PART I

Last Monday morning we all made the trek down to LA's Union Station to begin the first part of our epic train trip; LA to Oakland, CA. It was a pretty early start but most of that was forgotten when we arrived at the station. It is totally stunning! So much more impressive than some of our English stations, or at least the ones I've seen. 


After a quick look round and some breakfast we were on the train travelling up the Californian coast. For most of the journey you follow the coastline so the views are truly spectacular. Andrew and I have driven some of that costal road ourselves but it was lovely to both be able to look at it and appreciate it at the same time. 








Perhaps the most exciting part about the whole train trip for me though, was the chance to dine in the dining car! I have never been on a really long train journey so this was something I'd never done. I may have got a tad excited about the whole thing, but it was fun! 






The food was pretty good, I'd even go as far as to say it was better than aeroplane food. The fact you got to sit eating as the train gently rocked and you could look out at all the amazing scenery whiz by was really cool. It definitely got me excited for the second part of the epic train trip because that involved another new experience....sleeper cars!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment