SEATTLE

So at the end of our epic train journey we reached our grand destination of Seattle. Andrew and I had never been there before but it was one of those places we wanted to visit so it was rather exciting to finally get there. My iPhone tells me that we walked over 21,000 steps the first day of exploring in Seattle so we definitely covered a lot of ground.

Our first port of call was Pike Place Market and in particular the first Starbucks. The market itself was actually much more impressive than the Starbucks. It turned out to be pretty crowded and busy. I'm definitely glad we came early on because it had a huge line down the street by midday. The market place was bustling but in a good way. We could buy just about anything there from art work to fish to dog toys to memorabilia to second hand books to flowers. There was so much to look at that we spent the rest of the morning wandering around. 









After lunch we went by monorail over to where the Space Needle was and spent some time at the park over there. It's a crazily retro building that really throws you because it just doesn't seem to fit the skyline. But it was definitely fun to see. We also went to the Olympic Sculpture park and walked along by the waterfront and piers.








As you can tell Andrew was rather excited by the monorail! He rather lost the plot during the ride on it. I wish I could say I was ashamed by his behaviour but I was rather enjoying the ride myself. Just not at his level. At all. Ever.

The next day we spent visiting Boeing's Museum of Flight and wandered round Seattle again seeing some of the areas again in more detail. Andrew has promised to write a blog post about the museum, but I wouldn't hold your breath. You know what he's like!

Overall though Seattle was amazing. We have so many photos from the place, which we would never be able to show you all, so I'll simply say just go visit if you can. It's amazing! 
H

No comments:

Post a Comment