VALENTINE'S DAY

Valentine's Day this year seemed to slip past almost unnoticed for us. I had grand plans for adding to our winter decor but it never really materialised as I'd wished. I did spend some time learning how to crochet hearts and I strung together some heart bunting, but it only went across the sideboard and it didn't go much beyond that!


The above picture shows you some of the bunting and also the little paper hearts that were cut out rather hastily to add to the decor. Our cards this year were colour matching which makes me rather happy. I know red is the traditional colour and therefore it shouldn't be that surprising but red doesn't always feature in the Woodruff cards. We are rather unconventional. 

We didn't really celebrate the day too much other than the giving of some gifts and a nice home cooked meal at the end of the day, which we took zero photos of (probably because we were too engrossed in watching The Bodyguard!)


Andrew's main present involved an amazing books called 'Maddie on Things'. This guy and his dog, Maddie, took some truly amazing photos, posed in different places and created a photobook all about it. It's incredible how patient this dog is and how they manage to take such incredible shots. Not sure Macintosh would be up for that.



My present from Andrew was this amazing clutch bag that I absolutely loved when I saw it in the mall a while back. It was a lovely surprise to have him buy it for me and I am literally desperate for an occasion to use it now. 


So there we go, our mini not too exciting Valentine's Day. We hope yours was just as lovely and check back soon for a post on how we made the most of President's Day. 
H

No comments:

Post a Comment