HOUSEWIFE DUTIES

Whilst being unemployed usually signals that things are not going so great, for me its been the complete opposite. I have finally had the chance to spend lots of time reading, cooking and crafting, all the things that seemed to get squeezed out of life back home. Each week I seem to have lots of time to just simply enjoy, or get better at, the things I love. I've spent plenty of time learning how to crochet and am currently whizzing through a crochet chevron blanket. I've got time to bake Andrew cakes; which during our marriage prep he stated were one his practical expectations of marriage. Plus I've got time to read books, lots and lots of books. Its amazing. 


 








I'm pretty amazed that I get all this time but I don't want to make you all too jealous. It does get a bit overwhelming at times as there can be a lack of structure and I can get stuck in a maze of endless possibilities, so much so that I don't end up picking any project but rather get sucked into the world of Netflix. There is also some jealousy from my end towards those who are working because I wish (at times) I could be back in a classroom, with my class doing all those fun things I miss planning for. But I know that being a housewife is my role right now, and to be quite fair looking after Andrew is almost a full time job!! You've met him right?!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment