ROSAMOND ELECTRIC LIGHT PARADE

Now I know what you're thinking, maybe this area has finally caught up with the rest of the world, but contrary to popular belief electricity has been at for Rosamond for quite some time now. This was more of a Christmas themed event than a celebration of electricity, even if some of the floats were somewhat rudimental and felt like something from time past. 

On a freezing cold evening last weekend after debating whether to go we finally decided to give it a go. So we wrapped up warm, grabbed the dog and stomped down to the main street to watch the wonder of electricity and light bulbs! Thank you Mr Edison. From a car with fairy lights to light up snowmen or go-karts whizzing around with an electric glo, it was definitely a laugh and despite its oddness we felt very christmassy after.

Let me share with you some photographs taken as a record of the evening. (photography was invented by Mr Niepce, so thanks to him I can share this). I'll stop there though otherwise I'll end up listing every inventor that created something which now enables me to post this on our blog. Enjoy the photographs!
A













1 comment: