FADING WEST

Switchfoot have been a favourite band of mine ever since 2000 when they released their third studio album, Learning to Breathe. I had seen them three times in the UK and had always loved their shows. They throw everything into them and just give so much energy and enthusiasm to the audience. Plus I love hearing about the inspiration behind their songs. 

Earlier this year they released their ninth studio album, Fading West. It came out right as the preparations for our trip out west began and I would listen to it as I did packing and sorting. The band also released a film which documented the making of the album as they travelled around the world and eventually came back to their hometown of San Diego. The places of the world I saw in that film and the themes covered within it really resonated with me and I found myself really falling in love with the album; almost as much as that first album I heard. 

When we saw the announcement of their fall tour for the Fading West album I was determined to get tickets but then came the option of seeing them in their hometown of San Diego. I was sold. Andrew agreed it would be pretty awesome too. So we found ourselves sitting in an open air theatre on November 1st waiting for them in a small rain shower. They did not disappoint. It was a truly amazing show, with classics being played and reworked, a surprise cello guest and just some amazing moments. 

Here are some of the photos we managed to capture. 







It was an amazing concert and we are excited about our next one..... Handel's Messiah in LA at Christmas. :)
H

No comments:

Post a Comment