NATIONAL S'MORES DAY

Today in America, it is national s'mores day. I personally love s'mores so I decided to celebrate the day with my parents by making some s'mores after dinner. My Dad had never had them so did what he typically does when he is unsure; he googled it. Here are the results. Once the origins of the traditions had been discovered we could begin the process of creating them.

I need to point out two things here by way of explanation; 

1. The marshmallows had to be toasted on the BBQ as we don't have a real fire. They do not taste the same and I am well aware of that fact, but needs must.

2. Our local supermarket had run out of Graham crackers so animal crackers were the replacements. They are far too small for this type of event but I have a limited knowledge as to which 'cookie' tastes the same as a Graham cracker and most were not even close. 

That being said we had a most enjoyable time creating and eating s'mores as these few pictures hopefully show!








It didn't even matter if Mum burnt one because Macintosh sure didn't mind!

Happy National s'mores day everyone!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment