HOW I SURVIVED AN EARTHQUAKE...

When we found out we were moving to California and began to do some research into what life was like here we discovered that there would most likely be earthquakes. Now to a British person that sounds quite extreme and conjures up images of total destruction and loss of life. However that's not the case necessarily. You see yesterday I survived my first earthquake. 



The above picture shows were the epi-centre for the earthquake was and this article tells you more about it. It was a 4.6 on the Richter scale. The great source of Wikipedia describes an earthquake of that magnitude as;

Noticeable shaking of indoor objects and rattling noises. Felt by most people in the affected area. Slightly felt outside. Generally causes none to minimal damage. Moderate to significant damage very unlikely. Some objects may fall off shelves or be knocked over.

So how did it affect Macintosh and I? Well...we didn't feel it, at all. In fact I wasn't even aware it had happened until I was told about it today by someone at our small group. So really I can't claim anything from this, except I will and I'll be proud to say that I survived my first earthquake! 

Obviously I don't really desire to have many more and I would especially prefer them not to be any bigger or more dangerous. But there we go Mum, no need to panic! I survived an earthquake! You can sleep easy now...
H

2 comments:

  1. Always good to read of your adventures! Stay safe too :-) Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. Glad you are enjoying reading about tit. (sorry we are so slow at replying!)
      x

      Delete