FLORIDA REVISITED

So as some of you know I am currently in Florida for the summer to do some more training till mid August. It has been hard being away from home and our small family but it has given me opportunity to visit all the old places that I enjoyed when I was here in the winter. One of these is one of my all time favourite restaurants, Fat Clemenzas, the best pizzeria I have found this side of the pond so far. I love it simply because of its unassuming charm and perfect wood fired pizzas.





This time I thought the weather would be better but I was so wrong. North-west Florida is crazy when it comes to weather; every day seems to contain a storm of some size and proportion from the epic down to the passing heavy shower. It can range from having a lovely sunny day to being thoroughly soaked in a moment, or walking out the cinema to see the real Mordor being acted out on the horizon within a giant storm system. Pretty cool I'd say. 





Whilst here I have used my spare time in quite inventive ways, including a bit of design work (including this years christmas card, a novel table idea I have had to name just two). I have also tried to improve my pasta making skills, as I had complains handed to me from a customer in Rosamond saying that the pasta dinner was taking far too long. So the obvious decision was to pack my pasta maker and have a bit of practice while I'm away.




I have also have had a chance to do abit of roaming the flea markets for goodies for the house. Here are few pictures of things I have my eye on that could make the final cut. (if i have space in my luggage!)







A.

No comments:

Post a Comment