MACINTOSH MONDAY

Surprise surprise Macintosh is back to his old tricks! His wonderful streak is over and we are back to the chaos and craziness. It was just in time for my grandparents visit so they were able to witness the insanity. It involved licking out coffee cups on the floor, pulling fluff out of his bed, dragging towels around the garden, stealing gardening gloves and attempting to sniff Granny's face. That last one in itself is truly naughty as anyone who knows my Granny knows her dislike for dogs and she does cope well with Mac but that was a step too far! 

There were two hilarious moments though which unfortunately I didn't manage to get any photos of due to the nature of the incidents. The first involved the netting covering over a newly seeded patch of grass. Grampy had painstakingly worked over the patch of mud the mini had been sitting on in the garden and had laid down grass seed before covering it with a netting to stop birds, cats and in theory Macitosh getting to the seed. It had rained a bit so the patch of mud was getting muddy and obviously was very inviting to a beagle. So whilst we were all having dinner Mac decided to crawl underneath the netting and get himself stuck! Now when I say stuck I mean paws all in different holes with his snout and collar trapping him too. He would have been there for a while had Granny not spotted him out of the window scrabbling around and looking pathetic. I dutifully ran out to rescue him and obviously he was rather relieved to be free. (Didn't stop him putting his must paws all over me though!)

The second event involved the hail that fell early on Saturday evening. Macintosh and I had waited for a gap on the rain before talking our evening walk. When we finally got out we met lots of other dogs who had clearly had the same idea! We had a lovely walk but it slowly the sky became dark and it started to rain. As it began to rain harder and harder so Mac as I began to walk faster and faster. Soon we were runnig at full pelt as fear big hail stones fell out of the sky. We were almost home, I mean literally 6 foot from the garden gate as the first clap of thunder struck. Now Macintosh is scared of thunder. He hates it. His tail goes down, his eyes widen and he panics. In this case he heard he thunder and in blind panic pelted it towards the house but forgot that the garden gate was shut. This resulted in him hitting the gate at full pelt and crumpling into a heap! Now I know that sounds cruel laughing at an animals misfortunes but it was funny. Especially when he picked himself up and glared indignantly at the gate as if to say, why didn't you open you stupid thing! If I had been filming it we could have won the money from you've been framed without a doubt!! As it is I will just have to keep hilarious memory to myself. Oh wait you all know now... Oops! 

Now no post would be complete without a picture but as I have no relevant one you will just have to settle for a picture showing how hard it is to write these posts. He literally does everything he can to stop me, including laying on the laptop!! 

H

                         



No comments:

Post a Comment