MACINTOSH MONDAY

We've had a miracle occur this week. Yes amazingly Macintosh has been good.... all week! Now notice I don't say perfect. That would just be ridiculous and I'm under no illusions about his behaviour. But he has been good so I thought I'd tell you about one good thing he's done so as to attempt to convince you (and myself) that having a dog is in fact a good idea! 

As the weather was warm yesterday Mac and I went for quite a long walk around the camp. Recently its been quiet and you can have a good walk without running into too many other people or dogs. But we bumped into lots of children out playing yesterday as it was so lovely. Now typically children are fascinated by dogs and are always pointing them out. Its no exception with Macintosh. As we walked around lots of children; from small toddlers to older children pointed him out. There were lots of "Look Mum, a dog!" or "Awww he's so cute" or "Doggy! Doggy!" or even an " 'og! 'og!"

So of course I stopped so that they could see him as I don't mind them adoring my beautiful beagle and it was amazing to notice how good Macintosh was with them. He allowed them to pat him and stroke him. He didn't seem to mind if they accidentally poked him or if they pulled his fur. He didn't mind being crowded round and patted vigorously. He simply stood there and took it all. I would even go as far as to say he enjoyed being the centre of attention!

It was such a comfort to be reminded that he is good at something, especially when he often seems like the worst dog on the planet! It was such a relief to know he was good with children too as when his cousin baby Snuggs makes an appearance he'll be lovely and gentle with them. Of course I will under no circumstances leave them alone together in a room though, I'm not that naive! But to know we can visit them with Mac will be great!

Well there we go, a good bit of praise for Mr Macintosh. Miracles do happen! And I'll leave you with a picture of Mr Cute himself. 

H





No comments:

Post a Comment