KAYAKI KICK

So now the weather is picking up and the wind is slowly reducing, I needed to head outside and try to get my fitness back on track and get a little sun on my skin. With all the water around here, kayaking seemed the obvious choice, especially when we could hire them so cheap nearby. So last Monday and Friday we took to the water.

Monday was perfect with a very slight breeze, we covered a fair distance in 2 hours and dusted of my kayak skills. I hired an open top sea kayak, so the picky ones amongst you would call it a canoe but I wont get into that fight. Friday was sunny but the wind was quite high leading to it being a lil rough. Stupidly we went with the wind on the outward trip leading to a very slow choppy paddle back. It was hard work but I needed the exercise and it was good fun so didn't really notice the aching in the shoulders. Not until the next day anyway...

Hopefully we are planning to take to the water again on Wednesday if the weather's good.

A




No comments:

Post a Comment