AVIATION MUSEUM TRIP

On Saturday myself and few of the guys from the more geeky end of the spectrum drove to Pensacola Naval Aviation Museum. This is a the main avaition museum for the whole of the US Navy. So when you have an aviation museum based on navy aircraft, what do you get? Yes you have guessed it...LOADS OF FLYING BOATS!!!


Seriously I was loving it! The problem was we decided to go to the cafe first and the service was slow and I just wanted to gobble it down and see the planes, then to annoy me even more the other guys ordered deserts, so I had to wait even longer! I'm sure the waitress took at least 25mins just to get the receipt!

So learnt a load more about flying-boats from little biplanes to massive transporters; they also had a cool collection of airship bits. We also had a little look round the base which had loads of old hangers and old buildings as this was one of the sites where the flying boats went through a lot of initial development. Sorry, I'm probably boring some of you. If you're not bored then wikipedia has a good article about the Naval Air Station.

Roll the slides....

A.




No comments:

Post a Comment