MACINTOSH MONDAY

Some of the more observant amongst you will have noticed that today is indeed Tuesday and therefore I am a day late in posting this. For those of you with access to Facebook or Instagram this will not come as a surprise. 

You see yesterday evening I had begun to write my usual Macintosh Monday post which involved his clever escape from the garden under the watchful eye of my mum causing me to run around the house in front of the builders in my pjs! But as I was busy typing away Andrew called me. I then stopped what I was doing and chatted to him. This was all fine, quite normal for an evening until Macintosh walked past me whimpering and bleeding profusely from his foot! Somehow he had managed to pull off his claw exposing the inner claw and causing quite a lot of pain.

This necessitated a trip at 8pm down to our out of hours vets practice to see if they could remove the offending claw and stem the flow of blood. Upon arrival Macintosh began to panic because even in his state of shock he knew vets were never a good thing. This was then reinforced by the vet attempting to simply pull off his claw whilst I held onto him. After a few unsuccessful attempt and some heartbreaking yowls from Mac the vet whisked Mac away to see if, with the help of a nurse, they could sort it out. 

Unfortunately it wasn't that simple and therefore poor old Mac had to be sedated, quite heavily too it turned out in order for them to remove the claw, trim it down to the base and clean the wound. So there was I in a state of worry, feeling like a mother who's child is poorly, sipping tea in a darkened vet surgery waiting to hear he was alright. 

Eventually the vet came out and said they had sorted the claw and he was just coming round ready to go home. Of course with Macintosh its never that simple and the extreme bleeding began again necessitating an extremely large purple bandage being applied, which in turn meant the cone of shame! Finally at 10:30pm we could finally make our way home (via MacDonalds for my tea!) to allow a still slightly high, very poorly and bedraggled dog to sleep off the painkillers. 

However even the night wasn't simple as it involved constant waking up and bolting out of bed, heavy panting, whimpering and wild looking eyes. Not something I'm eager to repeat again as when I allowed him to crawl onto the bed he repeatedly butted me with his cone of shame!! Not fun.

All in all an eventful night in the Woodruff household. At the end of the saga I still have no clue what caused the claw to get ripped off and am still cleaning blood out of the carpet. On that note I will leave you with a picture of a very sorry but very cute bandaged Macintosh.

H



                   

2 comments:

  1. So, Andrew is sampling country music and culture while Hannah is making late night trips to the vets? Its all rock n roll in the Woody family ;) Poor Mac. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its always a whirlwind of events in the Woodruff household. Unfortunately Andrew's always doing the exciting things and I'm stuck doing the not so glamorous things!

      Delete