THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING!!

So haven't really been doing much exploring or taking many photos recently with it been quite busy here and still being on evenings. Working on getting a new camera soon so have been shuffling money around and its never simple.


Also got a new addition to the room; after seeing a few Coca-Cola lorries, I need some help getting in the festive mood and just generally make the place more christmasy. I now have a 3.5ft christmas tree sitting on my desk in my room, a nice pre-lit one from Walmart for 25 bucks. Just need to start on a couple of homemade decorations. Oh and I have next years christmas card idea! (Hannah isn't too pleased!)

The bike hasn't been get much use unfortunately due to surprisingly very mixed weather and the distance to anything good off camp other than shops. But there are a few trails I would like to try so we shall see.

On sunday afternoon the local mayor put on a lunch for all of the internationals at a pizza restaurant nearby. The eat as much as you want food was yum but I tried not to eat too much! I think I might loose weight over christmas for the first time ever! On the subject of food, honey BBQ chicken wings at Buffalos Wild Wings are delicious too!! Went there for a lil snack after work last night with a couple of the lads. Bit of training ready for next Monday's wings challenge of 40 wings at Harry T's. Other than that I think I'll eat salad as much as I can, though that isn't as health as you think. I found this our at Johnny Rockets, a retro burger joint, my salad was bigger and had more meat than their normal burgers!! On top of that I had there shake which is so far the best Chocolate Shake i have had out here. Definitely recommended! The interior is very cool too.

On the book front I have finished the first in the Hunger Games series, a really good easy read, and am halfway through Catch 22 which is quite funny at the moment. I have recently discovered the website Goodreads, which I can log all of my books I like or have read and they recommend new ones. Think I might go with Sci-Fi though recommendations from you are welcome. : )

A.

Ps. Still working on the title bar of the blog and a new logo. Have a load of ideas I'm working on so expect some changes soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment