THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING!! - UK VERSION

Since Andrew has already shared his Christmas tree I thought it was time I shared the one I bought that is the official Woodruff tree. 

Originally I told Andrew I would get a small potted one as there was no point getting too big a tree. However as soon as I arrived at Doddington Hall I changed my mind. The smell of the trees and the look of them all lined up, ready to be picked I just had to have a real one! I did make a slight concession though, its only 5ft instead of the 6 or 7ft we usually get! 

So here is the official 2013 Woodruff tree...


                            

Now we don't do tinsel in our house! If you have a problem with that feel free to comment, but I'm afraid that's the deal with us Woodruffs. Ok, well it was my deal that Andrew kind of adopted when I wouldn't back down! Love you honey! :)

Every year the tradition is that we buy a new set of ornaments. Just a few to build up our collection. They are red or white as that's the theme we have going. However as we are moving to the states it seemed silly to buy any more. So I decided not to bother and threw out some of the baubles that we had gathered which I wasn't a fan of. I thought nothing more of it until I met Rory.


                            


Isn't he cute. He even has a little name tag! So he became our new ornament/pet! He hangs out by my beautiful books and just helps to add more cuteness to the sideboard. 

We have a few other little Christmassy bits hanging out around the house which help to spread that Christmas love a little further. 


                                

                                

                                

                                


                                
I can't wait for Andrew to get back and see it. It'll feel even more cosy when he arrives. Oh and did I mention he comes home in LESS THAN 10 DAYS!!! I'm rather excited y'all! 




PS sorry for the blurry iPhone photos. One day soon we'll have our shiny new camera and I can take decent ones. Promise!

1 comment: