SCHOOL'S OUT FOR...

Christmas! 

Yup, its officially here, the Christmas holidays have arrived!! In just 3 short days (well maybe 2 by now) I'm going to be heading down to Heathrow to pick up Andrew and then we'll be beginning our Christmas celebrations. :) Its all rather exciting and has got me thinking of the things I'll enjoy the most. 


1. Being with family and friends. 
Its great to be able to get together and spend time with those you love, especially family that you don't get to see all the time either. 

2. Foooooood!
I'm going to be eating so much yummy food, especially as Mummy will be cooking! I'm not a fan of turkey but the mince pies, pigs in blankets, chocolates, cheeses, puddings and everything else will be devoured at a rate of knots! 


3. Dog walking.
It'll be so nice having Andrew back to go walking with. Sometimes being out in the freezing cold is depressing when you are on your own. Macintosh needs ALOT of walks so to have someone to talk to and share those walks with will be lovely. If it snows then that's an added bonus! 

4. Book reading.
Having the time over the holidays to read books is just amazing. I always start off a term reading lots but as school progresses and life gets busier its harder to find the time to read. So being able to chill out and finally finish Dickens 'A Christmas Carol' will be lovely! 


5. Movie watching.
When we were kids Mum used to buy a radio times and we would argue about who would be the first one to read through it. The reason we wanted to read it was to find all the good movies and TV shows we could watch and highlight/circle/initial them. It was our way of booking the TV. I believe Mum has bought a radio times again this year, so on Saturday I will be there pen in hand ready to choose the movies I will watch and snuggle up too! 

6. Sleep!
This one is pretty self-explanatory. I don't get enough term time. I intend to get lots this holiday!

7. Celebrating God.
Last, but by no means least, I'm excited to celebrate God and what He did in sending His son to Earth as a tiny baby. It was an amazing miracle birth and the reason Jesus came to this world is just mind blowing - He did it for us! I think that is worth celebrating and I intend to thank God for that precious gift. 

H




No comments:

Post a Comment