OPEN YOUR EYES...

Since Andrew left it has felt like every time I need to walk the dog its been raining. That may be an exaggeration as its only been 3 days. But the fact is he's in a sunny country, enjoying the sun and I'm in a wet and cold country, shivering to death.

Well today my perspective changed....slightly.



You see today I did exactly what the picture says. I opened my eyes.

Let me explain. I've not been too well for the last few days. Let's not get into details. Its gross and I don't need any pity. But today as I stared out the window at the pouring rain and looked back at Macintosh scratching every door in sight desperate to go out I knew I had no choice. So I covered myself head to toe in waterproof-ness, which includes my beagle wellies....yup I have wellies with beagles all over them. What can I say I am slightly obsessed! And then we headed out.

It was miserable at first. I still felt miserable and being wet made me feel more miserable. But then I took Macintosh off the lead and let him run and that was when I saw the beauty.

Mac was running round and round in circles, his tail between his legs for super speed, the water flicking up behind him covering his white tummy in tiny brownish flecks and he looked magnificent. He looked like a true beagle; running flat out for all he was worth. He was enjoying himself. He was doing what he was created to do. He was built to hunt and he was truly enjoying doing it. It only got more beautiful when I called him. You see at that point he changed direction completely from running in his circles and he came pelting towards me, ears flapping, tongue hanging out and speeding for all he was worth. He looked something like this (minus the snow and with ALOT of rain):



At that moment I saw the beauty, despite the rain, despite the cold, despite my miserable feeling. I saw the beauty of God's creation and I loved it. I forgot the rain and the cold. I forgot to feel annoyed that Andrew was once again in the warmth whilst I struggled alone in the cold. I just saw beauty and I thanked God for it.

Then I promptly went home, made a cup of tea and snuggled back on the sofa feeling exhausted! What can I say, I warned you I wouldn't enjoy the rain forever!!

H


No comments:

Post a Comment