HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

It feels like I've been watching the build up for christmas from an aliens perspective. I have been very ignorant of American holidays until now as its never crossed my mind that I would ever be in this situation. Its just odd living in the build up with no feeling of anticipation and excitement like I normally have with Christmas  or my birthday yet everyonre is mega excited and going slightly crazy. The shelves are emptying at our local supermarket, miniature puritans and pumpkin pies everywhere, and everyone wishes us happy thanksgiving, that is except for one lady at the mess hall who thought I might be offended for some reason so checked with me first.

Well I've decided I must embrace it as I have loads to thank God for and making a day for it is probably not a bad idea. I also been invited out by a lovely family from church (thank you soooo much!!) to celebrate thanksgiving with them so am really excited about that! I'll see how nuts they really are.

I will report back soon on how the day went. So until then hope you also have a...

A


    

No comments:

Post a Comment